Pat Sajak Leaves ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Fans Heartbroken After His Retirement News on Twitter

Grab your tissues, folks. After more than four decades on television, Pat Sajak revealed he is officially retiring from hosting Wheel of Fortune.

The longtime game show personality shocked fans on June 12 when he posted the surprise announcement on Twitter. In the tweet, which quickly went viral on the social media platform, Pat shared his plans to leave after the 2023–2024 season, set to begin later this fall. The moment is also significant for him, as it will mark the end of his time hosting Wheel of Fortune after joining in 1981.

“Well, the time has come,” he wrote. “I’ve decided that our 41st season, which begins in September, will be my last. It’s been a wonderful ride, and I’ll have more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all. (If nothing else, it’ll keep the clickbait sites busy!”

With Pat being a staple of the game show for close to half a century, many viewers wasted no time sharing how much he has meant to them over the years. What’s more, some couldn’t help but feel emotional over the turn of events.

‘Celebrity Wheel of Fortune’

“Noooooo! That’s me selfishly screaming for you to stay! Of course, you deserve an amazing retirement. Thank you for being a national treasure, sir!” one person wrote on Twitter. “Congratulations on a job well done! You deserve this!” another replied. “You’re the best, Pat. You made the show what it is today! Thank you,” a different follower commented.

Although Pat’s retirement is on the horizon, he won’t be leaving the Wheel of Fortune world so quickly. In an official statement obtained by Deadline, after he steps away from the stage, he’ll have a new role behind the scenes.

“As the host of Wheel of Fortune, Pat has entertained millions of viewers across America for 40 amazing years,” said Suzanne Prete, EVP Game Shows at Sony Pictures Television. “We are incredibly grateful and proud to have had Pat as our host for all these years, and we look forward to celebrating his outstanding career throughout the upcoming season.”

Advertisement: Continue Reading Below

This content is imported from YouTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information at their web site.

“Pat has agreed to continue as a consultant on the show for three years following his last year of hosting,” she added. “So, we’re thrilled to have him remain close to the Wheel of Fortune family.”

Additionally. Pat spoke out about the subject during a conversation with Entertainment Tonight in September 2022, with implications evident of his impending exit months ahead of the announcement. “We’re getting near the end,” he told the outlet. “It’s been a long time. We’re not going to do this for another 40 years. The end is near. It’s an honor to have been in people’s living rooms for that long. We’re happy and proud.”

We’ll miss you, Pat!

Related Posts

Jamie Lee Curtis breaks down in tears as she compares Donald Trump to Princess Diana

Jamie Lee Curtis has never been shy of speaking her mind. Now, the actress has once again slammed Donald Trump. But in the meantime also made a…

HH. Jimmy Kimmel’s On-Air Promise: Grief, Fury, and a Pledge to Fight for Nobody’s Girl

The jokes stopped. The cue cards lowered. And in a moment that felt bigger than late-night TV, Jimmy Kimmel’s voice broke as he addressed the release of…

Senate Republicans Push Through Confirmation of Over 100 Trump Judicial Nominees — Cementing Conservative Control of the Federal Courts for Decades and Marking One of the Fastest, Most Sweeping Reshapes of the U.S. Judiciary in Modern Political History

Senate Republicans Push Through Confirmation of Over 100 Trump Judicial Nominees — Cementing Conservative Control of the Federal Courts for Decades and Marking One of the Fastest,…

ARREST

Kansas leaders charged Joe Ceballos, the mayor of a small city in rural Kansas, with a crime on Wednesday. They say he voted in several elections even…

Donald Trump attacks female reporter with disgusting insult

Donald Trump made big headlines a few weeks ago after calling a reporter “piggy” while on board Air Force One. Now, the president is in hot water…

Wild ‘Fake Melania’ conspiracy theory resurfaces and everybody is saying the same thing

The conspiracy theory surrounding Melania Trump having a ‘fake body double’ has been ongoing for years. Social media has been flooded with claims several times, and on…