Celine Dion, 56, responds to romance rumors over younger companion, eight years after death of husband

And, of course, a star she became. Indeed, the artist herself has previously attributed much of her success to Angelil’s guidance; he was the mastermind behind her burgeoning career, transforming her into one of the greatest vocalists in the world.

It was during her rapid rise to fame that Celine began to have feelings for her manager, admitting in her memoir Celine Dion: My Story, Mr Dream, that she “Never dared tell him that I dreamed of him every night.”

In April 1988, Dion made her feelings known to Angelil. “I threw myself into his arms. Later that night, I was seated at the head of the bed, legs folded under the covers. I was happy about being alone with the man I loved,” she wrote.

Four years later, Dion and Angelil went public with their romance, and the pair married at a lavish ceremony in 1994.

Sadly, Angelil was diagnosed with a form of throat cancer in 1999, and passed away in 2016 after a valiant, near 20-year battle. His death naturally left a void in Dion’s life that could never be adequately filled, with the singer herself having made it clear that she’s not looking for love.

“I don’t date. I don’t have a boyfriend,” she said in an interview with USA Today.

“It doesn’t mean that I will not find someone in my life. If I do, that would be great. If I don’t, that would be great, because I’m still in love.”

She added: “René is still within me. I see him through the eyes of my children everyday. I’m so passionate about life, and I’m so lucky to have my three beautiful sons. But I keep everything open.”

Nevertheless, speculation has been abound in recent years regarding Celine’s love life, with particular focus placed on a younger man whom she’s been sighted with publicly on multiple occasions.

Dion’s close relationship with said individual sparked plenty of rumors regarding the possibility of her having perhaps found a new love interest. Yet the 56-year-old – currently battling Stiff Person Syndrome – denied the gossip, clarifying that the man in question, Pepe Muñoz, is a confidante and friend.

In 2022, Dion said of Munoz: “He’s my best friend.” She went on to explain that he’s in fact gay, and became her backup dancer in 2017.

“He did so much for me, even just holding my hand,” Dion said. “It’s something that I haven’t had for a long time, a hug from a 6’3’’ man…It was wonderful.”

Related Posts

Check hmmm .. Nice ..:)

Approaching women can feel intimidating for many men, but with the right mindset, it can become a positive and even enjoyable experience. Confidence, respect, and authenticity are…

Father of 8-Year-Old Slain in Minneapolis School Shooting Speaks Out

The Minneapolis community is reeling after a deadly school shooting that claimed the lives of two children and injured many others. Among the victims was an 8-year-old…

A Country in Turmoil: Trump’s Approval Rating Hits an All-Time Low

The mood across the United States is growing increasingly uneasy. The numbers on paper—rising grocery bills, ballooning household debt, record-high rent, and the ever-present anxiety over inflation—are…

Joe Biden with tears in his eyes make the sad announcement

On July 24, 2024, President Joe Biden addressed the nation from the Oval Office, his voice heavy with emotion and eyes glistening with tears, to announce his…

‘M*A*S*H’ star Alan Alda overcame childhood struggles, now battles Parkinson’s

Considered a Hollywood treasure thanks to his role as Hawkeye Pierce on the much-loved TV show “M*A*S*H,” Alan Alda is also admired for overcoming many childhood struggles…

The First Ever Albino Twins Born In Argentina Will Leave You In Awe

It’s completely wrong to measure beauty – but it’s also hard to deny that some births go down in history and leave us in awe, just by…